|Case public title||Al Bahr al Aazam incidents|
|Case number||Number 11531 year 2013 al Giza police station felony recorded under number 3403 inclusive south Giza|
|Court||Al Giza criminal court|
|Judiciary department||Department 18 al Giza felony|
|Judges||Mahmoud Samy Kamel
Mohmed Mansour Halawa
Mahmoud Mohamed Abdul Magid
|First appeal judge||Non accessible|
|Repeating trial judges||Hassan Qandil
Samy Zain al Din
Afifi Abdullah Al Monoufy
|Second appeal judges|
|Number of defendants||15|
|Names of accused||1) Mohammed Badie Abdul Magid Sami
2) Mohamed Mohamed El – Beltagy
3) Essam El Din Mohamed Hassan El Erian
4) Assem Abdel Magid Mohamed Mady
5) Safwa Hamouda Higazi Ramadan
6) Izzat Sabri Hassan Yousef
7) Anwar Ali Hassan Shaltout
8) Al-Husseini Antar Mahrous Abdel-Aal
9) Hisham Ibrahim Kamel Hassan
10) Gamal Fathi Youssef Al-Iraqi
11) Ahmed Dahi Mohammed Shaaban
12) Azab Mustafa Morsi Yacout
13) Basem Kamal Ahmed Odeh
14) Abu Dahab Hassan 15) Mohammed Nassif
Mohammed Ali Talha Radwan
|Advers and representation||Public Prosecution – accusation authority|
|Accusatoins||First: The accused from the first to the eighth:
– They organized a gathering of more than five people that would make the public peace in danger and was intended to commit crimes against people, public and private properties and to influence public officials in carrying out their acts by force and violence and united their will to commit these crimes.
– They formed a gang that attacked a group of residents in the area around Giza Square, the streets of the station, al Aharam street and the al Bahr al Azam street, and resisted the men of the public authority in implementing the laws as described below.
Second: The accused from the eighth to the fifteenth:
– Participated in a gathering of more than five people, which would make the public peace in danger and was intended to commit crimes against people and public and private properties and influence the members of the public authority in performing their acts by force and violence. Some carried firearms and tools used to attack people. And has signed in implementation of the intended purpose of the gathering with knowledge of the following crimes:
– They and others unknown paraded force and waved with violence and used it against the victims, who were named by the authorities
This is associated with the crime of the previous crime of murder, because they are in the same place and time mentioned above:
– Killed and other unknown persons some victims named in the investigations.
– They began and others unknown in killing the victims, whose names are known in the investigations
– Joined the gang of the first eight defendants
– They have acquired and obtained weapons and guns that are not allowed to be licensed
– They have obtained and acquired in particular the munitions used in the aforementioned weapons, which may not be licensed to use them.
Thirdly: The defendants are from the thirteenth to the fifteenth:
They took over the leadership of a gang that attacked the population and resisted the men of public authority in implementing the laws as described in the investigations.
|Articles of accusations||Articles 2, 3, 3 bis, 4 of Act No. 10 of 1914,
Articles 39, 45, 46, 86, 89, 230, 231, 234, 235, 361/1, 3 and 4 of the Penal Code
Articles 375 bis and 375 bis are added by Decree Law No. 10 of 2011
And Articles 1, 6, 25 bis, 26, 30/1, of Law No. 394 of 1954 regarding weapons and ammunition.
|First attended verdict date||15th September 2014|
|First attended verdict||The Court adjudicated attended the first, second, third, fifth, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh and in absentia the fourth, sixth, seventh, twelfth and fifteenth
First: Punishing Mohammed Badi Abdul Mageed Sami, Mohamed Mohamed Ibrahim El Beltagy, Essam El Din Mohamed Hassan El Arian, Assem Abdel Maged Mohamed Mady, Safwa Hamouda Hegazy, Ramadan Ezzat Sabry Hassan Youssef, Anwar Ali Hassan Shaltout, Husseini Antar Mahrous Abdel Aal, Hisham Ibrahim Kamel Hassan, Gamal Fathi Yousif Al-Iraqi, Ahmed Dahi Mohammad Shaaban, Azab Mustafa Morsi Yacout, Basem Kamal Ahmed Odeh and Mohammad Ali Talha Radwan were sentenced to life imprisonment for their respective charges.
The confiscation of the seized the seized gun and other seizures and committing them to criminal charges
Second: Expiry of the criminal case for the death of the accused Abu Dahab Hassan Mohammed Nasif.
Third: Refer civil cases to the competent civil court without expenses.
|Notes||The case is being heard by the Cairo Criminal Court following its return from the Court of Cassation|